Hide

Llangua, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LLANGUA, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Skenfreth, county Monmouth, 9 miles N.E. of Abergavenny, its post town, and 13 from Monmouth. It is situated on the river Monnow, and the Hereford railway passes near it. A monastery was founded here in early times. There is no village, only a few scattered cottages. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Llandaff, value £120. The church is dedicated to St. James."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]