Hide

Llanveynoe, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"LLANVEYNOE, a chapelry in the parish of Clodock, hundred of Ewyas-Lacy, county Hereford, 9 miles S.E. of Hay, its post town, and 15 S.W. of Hereford. It is situated at the base of the Black mountains, and the river Monnow flows through it. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £61, in the gift of the vicar of the parish. The church is a plain, ancient edifice of stone, dedicated to St. Peter."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]