LLANWARNE is a parish and village 6 miles north west of Ross, 8 south. of Hereford. 10 north from Monmouth, and about 5 south east from Tram Inn Station on the Newport, Abergavenny, and Hereford railway, in Wormelow Hundred, Ross Union and County District, Harewood End Petty Sessional Division. Archenfield rural deanery and Hereford archdeaconry and diocese, situated on the road to Hay, about half a mile west of the Ross and Hereford road and thee same distance east of the Hereford and Monmouth road. Christ Church was erected in 1864, at a cost of £2,550; it is a cruciform building, consisting od chancel with vestry, nave, north and south transepts, north porch and tower, surmounted by a spirelet; the style of the church is Geometrical Decorated, of the later part of the fourteenth century: the church is seated with open red pine stalls, stained and varnished: there are 258 sittings, all free and unappropriated. The register dates from the year 1675; The living is a rectory; value, £330, with residence, in the gift of and held by the Rev. Walter Baskerville Mynors, B.A. of Oriel College, Oxford. Here is a place of worship for Primitive Methodists. There are charities of £2 10s yearly value. Lyston Court, tenanted by Viscount Barberton, is a noble stone residence, with several acres of park and grounds. Mrs. Stubbs is Lady of the Manor. James Rankin, esq., J.P. the Rev. George Henry Bosanquet, and the representatives of the late T. G. Symons, esq., are the principle landowners. The soil is sandy; subsoil, chiefly sandstone rock; products, wheat, barley, roots. The area of the parish is 2469 acres; rateable value, £3,620. The population in 1871 was 378.
Parish Clerk.- Alfred Dobbs.
POST OFFICE.-T. A. Lane, postmaster. Letters arrive from Ross at 8.30 a.m.; despatched thereto at 5.15 p.m. The nearest money order office is at Cleaver.
National School.-Mrs. Jane Digwood, mistress
| Bennet John, Lasket Cottage || Harberton Viscount, Lyston Court & 111 Cromwell Road & United University Club, London |
| Bosanquet Rev. George Henry, M.A., Broomy Close Court || Mynors Rev. Walter Baskerville, B.A., J.P., The Rectory |
| Barrett Edmund, farmer, Hill Farm || Jones Thomas, haulier, Perkins Pit |
| Birmingham John, farmer, & Steward to the representatives of the late T. G. Symons. Esq., Upper Monkton Farm || Lane T. A., draper, grocer, provision dealer, and postmaster |
| Chitson Richard, farmer, Lawn Farm || Matty William, farmer, Gamberhaed |
| Court John, carpenter || Partridge John, blacksmith |
| Court William, carpenter, Hill Gate || Southall James, blacksmith |
| Digwood James, farmer, Upper House || Thomas Edward, farmer, Hill Gate House |
| Hall Henry, farmer, Little Field || Ware James, farmer, Lower Monkton farm |