Llanwarne, Herefordshire - Trade Directory, 1862
Extract from Trade Directory of Herefordshire, 1862Transcription by Richard Lane © 2002
LLANWARNE is a parish and village 6 miles N. W. from Ross, and 8 S. from Hereford. The church is a very old structure. The living is a rectory, in the gift of the Governors of Guy's Hospital, valued at £277 yearly, with residence, and 15 acres of glebe land. There is a chapel for Wesleyan's, and national school for boys and girls. The population, in 1851, was 371, and the acreage is 2,469.
Gentry Fisher William, The Court Lingwood Robert, Esq., Lyson House Trades and Professions Addis F., wheelwright, Windmill Hill Kemeys Charles, cooper, Windmill Hill Butcher John, blacksmith Meredith John, shopkeeper, Turkey Tump Court John, carpenter, Herbert Cottage Morgan John, shoemaker Court William, carpenter & parish clerk Partridge John, blacksmith Davis Richard, blacksmith Pegler Frederick, butcher Farmers Digwood James, The Lawn Farm Roberts John, Little Field Fisher William, farmer and Miller Watkins Benjamin, Gamber Head Hughes Daniel, Lower House Wiles William, Hendrie Morgan James, Lower Monkton Williams Joseph, Leniston Mill Proctor John, Upper Monkton Farm
Letters through Ross, which is the nearest Money-Order Office.
[Transcribed by Richard Lane in December 2002
from an original edition of this 1862 Trade Directory in Hereford Central Library]