"LUDFORD, a parish chiefly in the hundred of Munslow, county Salop, and partly in that of Wolphy, county Hereford, half a mile S. of Ludlow, its post town. It is situated on the S. bank of the river Teme, opposite Ludlow, and is included in that borough. The village and church are in Herefordshire, but the larger portion of the parish, which contains the township of Street, is in Shropshire ... More." [Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
See also in Shropshire
- The transcription of the section for Ludford from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Ludford to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Ludford has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO513741 (Lat/Lon: 52.363127, -2.71637), Ludford which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)