Hide

Mansell Gamage, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"MANSELL-GAMAGE, a parish in the hundred of Grimsworth, county Hereford, 8½ miles from Hereford, its post town, and 4½ S. of Weobley. The village, which is of small extent, is situated near the Hereford and Hay turnpike road, and is chiefly agricultural. The soil consists of stiff loam and gravel. There are lime and freestone quarries. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford, value £100. The church, dedicated to St. Giles, is a stone structure with a square tower containing three bells. Gartons is the principal residence."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]