"MORTON-JEFFRIES, a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, 5 ½ miles (S. W.) from Bromyard, containing 64 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Hereford." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of Post Office Directory of Herefordshire for Moreton Jeffries in 1863, by Barbara Haner.
- The transcription of the section for Morton Jefferies from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Moreton Jeffries to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Moreton Jeffries has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO603485 (Lat/Lon: 52.133541, -2.580929), Moreton Jeffries which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)