Hide

Morton Jefferies, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"MORTON-JEFFERIES, a parish in the hundred of Radlow, county Hereford, 5½ miles S.W. of Bromyard, its post town, and 8½ N.E. of Hereford. The village is inconsiderable. It is situated near the Hereford and Bromyard turnpike road. The soil consists of a stiff clay. A portion of the surface is laid out in hop-grounds. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £50, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church has a Small tower containing two bells. The interior has monuments to the Westwood family."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]