Moreton on Lugg
"MORTON-upon-LUGG, a parish in the hundred of GRIMSWORTH, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (N.) from Hereford, containing 110 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, not in charge, in the peculiar jurisdiction of the Dean of Hereford, and in the patronage of the Prebendary of Moreton Magna in the Cathedral Church of Hereford. The church is dedicated to St. Andrew." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Moreton upon Lugg from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Moreton on Lugg to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Moreton on Lugg has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO504458 (Lat/Lon: 52.108245, -2.725725), Moreton on Lugg which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)