Hide

Much Dewchurch, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"MUCH DEWCHURCH, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of Wormelow, in the county of Hereford, 6 miles S.W. of Hereford, and 12 from Monmouth. The village is small, and wholly agricultural. Hops are cultivated in the neighbourhood. The living is a vicarage* in the diocese of Hereford, value £383, in the patronage of the lessee of the Bishop of Gloucester and Bristol. The charities amount to £12."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]