"PENCOYD, a parish in the upper division of the hundred of WORMELOW, county of HEREFORD, 6 miles (W. N. W.) from Ross, containing 161 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, united with that of Marstow, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £800 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Rev. Francis Coke." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Pencoyd from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Pencoyd to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Pencoyd has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO516266 (Lat/Lon: 51.935746, -2.705641), Pencoyd which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)