"PETER-CHURCH, a parish in the hundred of WEBTREE, county of HEREFORD, l1 miles (W.) from Hereford, containing 686 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 6. 8., and in the patronage of the Governors of Guy's Hospital, London. The church is dedicated to St. Peter. There is a place of worship for Baptists." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of E C Lascelles Directory of Herefordshire for Peterchurch in 1851, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Peterchurch in 1856, 1858, 1867, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Trade Directory of Herefordshire for Peterchurch in 1862, 1863, by Richard Lane.
- Transcription of sections of Kelly's Directory of Herefordshire for Peterchurch in 1879, 1885, 1900, 1905, 1913, 1917, 1922, 1926, 1929, 1934, 1937, 1941, by Richard Lane.
- The transcription of the section for Peterchurch from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Peterchurch to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Peterchurch has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO347385 (Lat/Lon: 52.041088, -2.954121), Peterchurch which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)