Presteigne / Llanandras
See also in Radnorshire
- Parke, Keith - A History of Presteigne. Published by Logaston Press, 1997, 246p. £9.95. (h/b)
- ISBN 1 873827 79 2
Chapters are on 1: The Early History of the Area; 2: The Middle Ages; 3: Tudor Presteigne; 4: Plague, War and Fire; 5: Stagnation and Recovery; 6: From the French Wars to Victoria; 7: High Victorian Presteigne; 8: The Struggle for a Future; 9: Towards the 21st Century.
There is an extensive Bibliography.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Presteigne / Llanandras to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Presteigne / Llanandras has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO308648 (Lat/Lon: 52.276974, -3.01568), Presteigne / Llanandras which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)