Pudleston / Puddlestone (with While)
"PUDDLESTONE, a parish in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (E. by N.) from Leominster, containing, with While and the township of Brockmanton, 316 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, with While, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £7. 17. 8. Thomas Rose, Esq. was patron in 1819 The church is dedicated to St. Peter." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
"WHILE, a parish, joint with Puddlestone, in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (E. by N.) from Leominster. The population is returned with Puddlestone. The living is a rectory, united to the vicarage of Puddlestone, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Puddlestone from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Pudleston / Puddlestone (with While) to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Pudleston / Puddlestone (with While) has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO563599 (Lat/Lon: 52.235895, -2.641268), Pudleston / Puddlestone (with While) which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)