"SARNESFIELD, a parish in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD, 2 miles (W. by S.) from Weobley, containing 102 inhabitants. The living is a discharged rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 6. 8., and in the patronage of Thomas Monnington, Esq. The church is dedicated to All Saints. A court leet is occasionally held hers." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Monumental Inscriptions from Sarnesfield, St Mary, transcribed by Alec Whitfield.
- The transcription of the section for Sarnesfield from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sarnesfield to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Sarnesfield has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO374509 (Lat/Lon: 52.152503, -2.916613), Sarnesfield which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)