Staunton (Stanton) on Arrow
"STANTON-upon-ARROW, a parish partly in the hundred of STRETFORD, but chiefly in that of WIGMORE, county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (E. N. E.) from Kington, containing 385 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £5. 17. 10., and in the patronage of the Crown. The church is dedicated to St. Peter." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Stanton upon Arrow from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Staunton (Stanton) on Arrow to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Staunton (Stanton) on Arrow has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO371601 (Lat/Lon: 52.235895, -2.922964), Staunton (Stanton) on Arrow which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)