"STOKE-PRIOR, a parish in the hundred of WOLPHY, county of HEREFORD, comprising the townships of Stoke-Prior and Wickton with Risbury, and containing 477 inhabitants, of which number, 337 are in the township of Stoke-Prior, 3 miles (S. E.) from Leominster. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed, with that of Docklow, to the vicarage of Leominster, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £200 private benefaction, and £600 royal bounty." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Stoke Prior from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stoke Prior to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stoke Prior has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO522567 (Lat/Lon: 52.206239, -2.700577), Stoke Prior which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)