Stretton Grandison (Grandsome)
"STRETTON-GRANDSOME, a parish in the hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, 7 miles (N. W.) from Ledbury, containing 150 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, with the perpetual curacy of Ashperton annexed, in the archdeaconry and diocese or Hereford, rated in the king's books at £9. 4. 2., and in the patronage of the Rev. W. Hopton. The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of Post Office Directory of Herefordshire for Stretton Grandison in 1863, by Barbara Haner.
- The transcription of the section for Stretton Grandsome from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Stretton Grandison (Grandsome) to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Stretton Grandison (Grandsome) has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO632441 (Lat/Lon: 52.09364, -2.5387), Stretton Grandison (Grandsome) which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)