Sutton St Michael
"SUTTON (ST-MICHAEL), a parish in the hundred of BROXASH, county of HEREFORD, 4 miles (N. N, E.) from Hereford, containing 51 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £1000 royal bounty, and in the patronage of the Unitt family." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Sutton St Michael from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Sutton St Michael to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Sutton St Michael has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO526460 (Lat/Lon: 52.110037, -2.693453), Sutton St Michael which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)