Hide

Tedstone Delamere, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"TEDSTONE-DELAMERE, a parish in the hundred of Broxash, county Hereford, 4 miles N.E. of Bromyard, its post town, and 13 N.W. of Worcester. The surface is hilly, and the land is partly in hop-grounds. Limestone is abundant. The soil consists of red marl and clay. The living is a rectory* in the diocese of Hereford, value £238, in the patronage of Brasenose College, Oxford. The church, dedicated to St. James, is old and dilapidated. The parochial charities produce about £2 10s. per annum. A school is held at the rectory-house on Sundays. Tedstone Court is the principal residence."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]