"TEDSTONE-WAFER, a parish in the hundred of BROXASH, county of HEREFORD, 3 miles (N. E. by N.) From Bromyard, containing 98 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, united to that of Edvin-Loach, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £1. 10. A court leet is occasionally held here; limestone abounds in the neighbourhood." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Transcription of section of Post Office Directory of Herefordshire for Tedstone Wafer in 1863, by Barbara Haner.
- The transcription of the section for Tedstone Wafer from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Tedstone Wafer to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Tedstone Wafer has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO678593 (Lat/Lon: 52.230849, -2.472525), Tedstone Wafer which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)