Hide

Tiberton, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"TIBERTON, (or Tyberton), a parish in the hundred of Webtree, county Hereford, 9 miles W. of Hereford, its post town, and 11 S. of Weobley. The village is situated on the main road from Hereford to Hay. The soil is sandy upon a subsoil of sandstone rock. The living is a curacy, annexed to the vicarage of Madley, in the diocese of Hereford. The church, dedicated to All Saints, is a modern structure, erected at the expense of the Rev. H. Lewarner. In the interior is a carved altar-piece representing the crucifixion. The parochial charities produce about £7 10s. per annum. There is a school supported by the Rev. H. Lewarner, of Tiberton Court, who is lord of the manor and principal landowner."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]