Hide

Wacton, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"WACTON, a parish in the hundred of Broxash, county Hereford, 4 miles N.W. of Bromyard, its post town, and 8 from Leominster. The village is situated near the Leominster and Tenbury turnpike road. The land is partly in hop-grounds. The soil is clayey. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Hereford, value £65, in the patronage of the bishop. The Earl of Somerset is lord of the manor."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]