Hide

Westhide, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"WESTHIDE, a parish in the hundred of Radlow, county Hereford, 5 miles N.E. of Hereford. The village is situated near the Gloucester and Ledbury canal, on the road from Hereford to Bromyard. The surface is undulating, and the soil a reddish clay. The principal residence is Westhide Court, the old seat of the Mornington family. The living is a rectory united to that of Stoke Edith. The church, dedication unknown, contains monuments to the Morningtons."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]