Westhide / Hide (West)
"HIDE (WEST), a chapelry (parochial) in the parish of STOKE-EDITH, hundred of RADLOW, county of HEREFORD, Smiles (E.N.E.) from Hereford, containing 193 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, with the rectory of Stoke-Edith, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Westhide from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Westhide / Hide (West) to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Westhide / Hide (West) has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO586442 (Lat/Lon: 52.095011, -2.606335), Westhide / Hide (West) which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)