Hide

Weston Beggard, Herefordshire - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868

hide
Hide

1868 - The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"WESTON-BEGGARD, a parish in the hundred of Radlow, county Hereford, 5 miles N.E. of Hereford. The village is situated near the river Frome. The land is partly in hop-grounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Hereford, value £150, in the patronage of the dean and chapter. The church is dedicated to All Saints. There is a National school. The impropriate tithes, amounting to £65, belong to the Warden of St. Catherine's Hospital at Ledbury. It gives name to a deanery in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford."

[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]