Weston under Penyard
"WESTON-under-PENYARD, a parish in the hundred of GREYTREE, county of HEREFORD, 2 miles (E. S. E.) from Ross, containing 674 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, rated in the king's books at £18, and in the patronage of the Bishop of Hereford, The church is dedicated to St. Lawrence," [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- Herrod, David - Weston-under-Penyard, A Herefordshire Parish Yesterday and Today. Published by A & K Publications, 2001. ISBN 1-84108-007-1. A Millennium History of the Parish, beginning with a brief account of the Roman town of Ariconium (a settlement on the high ground at Bury Hill near Bromsash), through to the First and Second World Wars. There is a comprehensive chapter on St Lawrence's Parish Church, and chapters devoted to the School, Farming - Then and Now, Historic Buildings and Monuments, and Parish Characters. There are 8 pages of full colour illustrations, and the front and back covers have respectively, a Parish Boundary Map, and a Land Utilisation Map (with Field Boundaries marked), both for the year 2000.
- The transcription of the section for Weston under Penyard from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Weston under Penyard to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Weston under Penyard has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO633233 (Lat/Lon: 51.90732, -2.535095), Weston under Penyard which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)