"YARPOLE, a parish in the hundred of WOLPHY county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (N.N.W.) from Leominster, containing, with the township of Bircher, 622 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy, annexed to the rectory of Croft, in the archdeaconry and diocese of Hereford, endowed with £200 private benefaction and £200 royal bounty. The church is dedicated to St.Leonard. Courts leet and baron are occasionally held here. A school, established about 1817, and now attended by one hundred and ten children, is supported by subscription, aided by a small endowment." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- The transcription of the section for Yarpole from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Yarpole to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Yarpole has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO469649 (Lat/Lon: 52.280079, -2.779455), Yarpole which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)