"YATTON, a chapelry in the parish of MUCH-MARCLE, hundred of GREYTREE, county of HEREFORD, 5 miles (N. E. by N.) from Ross, containing 183 inhabitants." [From Samuel Lewis A Topographical Dictionary of England (1831) ©Mel Lockie]
- "YATTON, a township and chapelry in the parish of Much Marcle, county Hereford, 5 miles S.W. of Ledbury, and 7 from Ross, near the river Wye."
[Description from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Yatton to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Yatton has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference SO637305 (Lat/Lon: 51.972086, -2.529774), Yatton which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)