"ALCONBURY WESTON, a parish and village in the hundred of Leightonstone, in the county of Huntingdon, 1 mile north-west of Alconbury. The living is a vicarage united with that of Alconbury."
by Colin Hinson ©2013
- There are no monumental inscriptions for this parish. (Burials took place in Alconbury).
- Census information for this parish (1841 - 1891)is held in the Huntingdon Records Office.
- The full 1841 Census of Alconbury Weston Parish is available as Fiche Set C81.
- The full 1851 Census of Alconbury Weston Parish is available as Fiche Set C31.
- A Surname Index of the 1881 Census of the Huntingdon Registration District, in which Alconbury Weston was enumerated (RG11/1602, Folios 17a - 25b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881, is available as fiche set C3.
- A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Spaldwick sub-District of the Huntingdon Registration District (RG12/1236) in which Alconbury Weston was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, has also been produced by the Huntingdonshire FHS (as Fiche C8).
- The fiche sets mentioned above are available from the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire FHS.
- There was no church in Alconbury Weston, only the above Mission Room. The parishioners used Alconbury church.
- Church records for this parish were kept by Alconbury. See Alconbury. These are available in the Huntingdon Records Office.
- The Huntingdonshire Marriage Indexes include marriages from Alconbury. These are, at present, issued in alphabetical listings in series: 1601-1700, and 1701-1754, and are available from the Huntingdonshire FHS Bookstall.
- Alconbury Weston was originally in the Registration District of Huntingdon from 1st July 1837. Subsequently, it came under the Spaldwick sub-District, but once again it is now directly under Huntingdon District.
- A transcript of the AlconburyWeston parish entries from 1932 Victoria County Series
- A transcript of the AlconburyWeston parish entries from Samuel Lewis's 1835 Topographical Dictionary of England,
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Alconbury Weston to another place.
- An old map of the parish of Alconbury Weston in the 19th century is available.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL178768 (Lat/Lon: 52.376582, -0.270914), Alconbury Weston which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- Acumesberie (xi cent.),
- Alcmundesberi (xii cent.),
- Acmundebiry, Aucmundebury,
- Aumondebiry Weston (xiii cent.),
- Alconbury-cum-Weston (xiv cent.),
- Wode or Wood Weston (xiv-xvii cent.)
- The parish of Alconbury Weston was in the Huntingdon Union for Poor Law administration.
- Births and Deaths registered in the Huntingdon Union Workhouse (1838 - 1949) are available, as fiche set D10 from the Huntingdonshire FHS Bookstall.