BRINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1932.
"BRINGTON parish forms a long narrow strip about 4 miles in length from north to south. The land rises from the brook forming the southern boundary, where the height is little over 100 ft. above sea-level, to about 245 ft. in the north on the borders of Northamptonshire. Some parts of the high land here are known as 'the Wolds'. The soil and sub-soil are clay with tracts of boulder-clay.
The greater part of the parish was occupied by four large farms, including Church Farm and Rectory Farm. A road from Kimbolton passes from the south to the north through the middle of the parish, and a part of it is known as Cockbrook Lane.
The village is formed around a triangle of roads, the apex of which is to the south where the Kimbolton road forks; Church Lane forms the base of the triangle in the north. the church is at the north-west angle of the triangle and Church Farm, to the south of it, is a timber-framed 17th century house with some modern additions.
An inclosure award was made in 1804. The ecclesiastical parish was referred to as Brington with Bythorn and Old Weston until 1936, when Bythorn was severed to join with Keyston in a new ecclesiastical parish. In 1935 the civil parish was abolished to help create the Brington & Molesworth civil parish."