[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[from The Victoria County History series - 1932]
"BUCKWORTH parish consists of clay land, most of which is arable; most of the parish is occupied by farms. The ground rises from a stream, which forms the north-east boundary of the parish where it is about 75 ft. above sea-level, in a south-westerly direction towards Barham where, on the boundary, it reaches 190 ft.
The village is on the slope of a hill facing north-east and lies along the by-road from Alconbury Weston to Barham. The church is in the middle of the village and, clustered around it, are the manor house to the east, and the rectory and the old school to the west.
There was a brick works (known as the Buckworth Brickworks) near the eastern border of the parish. Place names in the parish are: Stone Hill, Bury Leas, Trounds Wall (Walk) and Mill Wall (Walk) in 1712, and Great Hall Yard, Town Walk and Mount Pleasant in 1745."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
[mainly from The Victoria County History series- 1932]