[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]
"BYTHORN was originally a chapelry in Broughton ancient parish.
The parish of Bythorn lies on clay land on the Northamptonshire border; wheat, barley, oats and beans are grown but much of the parish is pasture. A stream runs from west to east through the middle of the parish where the land is about 120 ft. above sea-level; it is liable to floods. The land rises rises in the north on the Northamptonshire boundary to about 250 ft. and to the south at Mickle Hill where it reaches about 234 ft.
The village stands on ground rising from the stream, and mainly on the north side of the road from Thrapston to Huntingdon where it is crossed by by-roads called Clack Lane (from the south) and Warren Lane (from the north). The church is in the middle of the village surrounded by farms and cottages, one or two of which date from the 17th century. The Baptist Chapel to the north-east of the church was built in 1809.
There was once a windmill on the south side of the road to Huntingdon, about a quarter of a mile from the village, but this was destroyed in the early part of the 20th century.
The civil parish of Bythorn was abolished in 1935 to help create Bythorn and Keyston civil parish. Ecclesiastically, it was part of Broughton with Bythorn and Old Weston; it was severed in 1936 to help create Bythorn and Keyston ecclesiastical parish. In 1965, part was transferred to Titchmarsh parish in Northamptonshire."
[Description(s) transcribed by Martin Edwards ©2003 and later edited by Colin Hinson ©2010]