COPPINGFORD: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"COPPINGFORD, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 6 miles (S.) from Stilton, containing 70 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, consolidated with that of Upton, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £18. 13. l., and in the patronage of Lord Montague. The church, which was dedicated to All Saints, is in ruins."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]