EASTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1932.
"EASTON, the parish of Easton lies on clay land which produces wheat, barley and beans; much of the parish is pasture. The land is flat and low-lying in the north between the Ellington Brook, which for a part of its course forms the northern boundary, and a small stream which rises in Spaldwick and runs eastwards to Ellington. Southwards of the latter stream, the ground rises from 66 ft. above sea-level in the village to over 200 ft. on the south-west boundary.
The village stands about half a mile to the south of the road from Huntingdon to Thrapston, and six and a half miles from Huntingdon. The smaller stream, already referred to, runs by the village street, on the south side of which is the church. Many of the houses and cottages date back to the 17th century, and are timber-framed with thatched or tiled roofs. A road leading south from the village once widened out as it skirted Calpher Wood, of which little remains. This Wood was formerly known as Calfo Park and contained 30 acres; it belonged to the Manor of Spaldwick in 1279.
There was an inclosure award for the parish in 1775."