ELLINGTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"ELLINGTON, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 5 miles (W. by N.) from Huntingdon, containing 344 inhabitants. The living is a vicarage, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £20, endowed with £200 private benefaction, £400 royal bounty, and £300 parliamentary grant, and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Peter-House, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to All Saints."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]