FENSTANTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"FENSTANTON, a parish in the hundred of TOSELAND, county of HUNTINGDON, 2 miles (S. byE.) from St. Ives, containing 776 inhabitants. The living is a discharged vicarage with the perpetual curacy of Hilton annexed, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £ 11. 11. 5., and in the patronage of the Master and Fellows of Trinity Hall, Cambridge. The church is dedicated to St. Peter and St. Paul. Joseph Ellis, in 1728, endowed a school with about £ 10 a year, for teaching four children of Fen-Stanton, and four of Fen-Drayton. The river Ouse runs through the parish."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]