Hide

GLATTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.

hide
Hide
Hide

[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)

"GLATTON, a parish in the hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 2 miles (S. S.W.) from Stilton, containing 358 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £21. 8. JlJ. The Rev. J. Hopkinson was patron in 1778. The church is dedicated to St. Nicholas."

"HOLME, a chapelry in the parish of GLATTON, hundred of NORMAN-CROSS, county of HUNTINGDON, 2 miles (E. S. E.) from Stilton, containing 311 inhabitants. The living is a perpetual curacy annexed to the rectory of Glatton, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln. The church is dedicated to St. Giles."

[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]