HADDON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1932.
"HADDON lies between Chesterton on the north and Morborne on the south. The Ermine Street (or Great North Road) divides it from Alwalton on the east, and the Billing Brook forms its western boundary. The parish lies mostly at a level of 74 ft. to 180 ft. above sea-level, and the soils and sub-soil are clay. The chief crops are wheat, barley, beans and peas. A letter of 1672 complaining that illegal demands had then been made by the Military upon the Constables of Haddon and Denton to supply 3 carts, 5 horses and a waggon for transport. Haddon then consisted only of 4 small farms.
The small village is situated 3 miles south-west of Orton Waterville and 8 miles south-west of Peterborough, and lies near the centre of the parish. The church is on the southern end of the street, with the Rectory and Grange Farm to the west. The Manor House and the Manor Farm are still further north."