HOUGHTON: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"HOUGHTON, a parish in the hundred of HURSTINGSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 2 miles (W. by N.) from St. Ives, containing 427 inhabitants. The living is a rectory with the curacy of Witton, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £34. 17. 8. Mrs. Peck was patroness in 1811. The church is dedicated-to St. Mary."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]