[Transcribed and edited information from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland - 1868]
"LITTLE RAVELEY, a parish in the hundred of Hurstingstone, county Hunts, half a mile south of Great Raveley, and 4 south-west of Ramsey. The parish is of small extent, and the village consists of only a few scattered houses. The living is a perpetual curacy in the diocese of Ely, value £50. The church, dedicated to St. James, was erected in the middle of the 14th century, and was formerly a chapel-of-ease to Bury. It is an ancient structure capable of containing eighty persons, and has recently been repaired and much improved. The Earl of Sandwich is lord of the manor. A Roman urn of blue earth and several skeletons were found while working a gravel pit.
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868]
by Colin Hinson ©2013