- Population in 1801 - 155.
- Population in 1851 - 174 (Northamptonshire); 25 (Huntingdonshire).
- Population in 1901 - 170.
- Population in 1951 - 271.
- Population in 1971 - 180.
- Population in 1991 - 137.
"MIDLOE, was extra-parochial, and it still is for ecclesiastical purposes.
The civil parish rises from the River Kym on the south-west and the Diddington Brook on the north-east, and is crossed by a small stream running into the River Ouse. The soil is clay, growing wheat, oats and beans. The land is mostly arable, only a third being pasture with some woodland at Midloe Wood.
There is neither a church nor a village; the sparse population being scattered in farm houses and cottages. Midloe Grange near the southern boundary marks the site of the grange of Warden Abbey mentioned in the 12th century. The present house was built about 1590 and was surrounded by a moat, the east side of which has been filled-in.
The civil parish of Midloe was abolished in 1935 to help create the Southoe and Midloe civil parish. See also Midloe on the extra-parochial page."
by Colin Hinson ©2013
- Census information for this parish (1841 - 1891) is held in the Huntingdon Records Office.
- A surname index of the 1881 Census of the St. Neots Registration District, in which Midloe was enumerated (RG11/1612, Folios 97a - 97b), and which took place on 3rd April 1881, is available as fiche set C5.
- A full transcription of the 1891 Census of the Kimbolton Registration District (RG12/1243) in which Midloe was enumerated, and which took place on 5th April 1891, is available as fiche set C14. The above mentioned fiche are available from the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire FHS.
- There is no church in this parish nor has there ever been. Great Staughton or Southoe served this purpose to the inhabitants.
- Midloe was in the St Neots Registration District from 1st July 1837, which later became a sub-District. It is now in the Huntingdon Registration District.
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Midloe to another place.
- An old map of the parish of Midloe in the 19th century is available.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TL163646 (Lat/Lon: 52.26727, -0.297153), Midloe which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- The parish of Midloe was in the St Neots Union for Poor Law administration.
- Births and Deaths registered in the St Neots Union Workhouse (1913 - 1952) are available, as fiche set D11, from the Cambridgeshire and Huntingdonshire FHS.