WOOLLEY: Geographical and Historical information from the year 1835.
[Transcribed information from A Topographical Dictionary of England - Samuel Lewis - 1835]
(unless otherwise stated)
"WOOLLEY, a parish in the hundred of LEIGHTONSTONE, county of HUNTINGDON, 5 miles (N. E. by N.) from Kimbolton, containing 64 inhabitants. The living is a rectory, in the archdeaconry of Huntingdon, and diocese of Lincoln, rated in the king's books at £9. 9. 2. Henry Sweeting, Esq. was patron in 1817- The church, dedicated to St. Mary, has a western tower crowned with a handsome cupola."
[Description(s) transcribed by Mel Lockie ©2010]