"ALLHALLOWS, a parish in the hundred of Hoo, and lathe of Aylesford, in the county of Kent, 8 miles to the N.E. of Rochester. It is situated on the river Thames, which forms its northern boundary, and a coastguard station is established at Yantlet Creek. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Rochester, value £247, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Rochester. The church is dedicated to St. Mary."
"YANTLETT, an islet and creek in the parish of Allhallows, county Kent, 9 miles N.E. of Chatham. It is a coast-guard station on the Thames, and has the London stone marking the boundary of the City jurisdiction."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]