Bersted / Bearsted
"BEARSTED, a parish in the hundred of Eyhorne, lathe of Aylesford, in the county of Kent, 2 miles to the E. of Maidstone, its post town. The parish contains some hop-grounds. The living is a vicarage in the diocese of Canterbury, of the value of £191, in the patronage of the Dean and Chapter of Rochester. The church is dedicated to the Holy Cross. A fair is held in the village on the 14th September."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Bersted / Bearsted to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Bersted / Bearsted has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ791555 (Lat/Lon: 51.270506, 0.566071), Bersted / Bearsted which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)