"CUXTON, a parish in the hundred of Shamwell, lathe of Aylesford, in the county of Kent, 2 miles S.W. of Strood, and 3 from Rochester. It is situated on the river Medway, and has a station on the North Kent railway. The village is very small, and a considerable part of the parish is planted in hops. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Rochester, value £346, in the patronage of the bishop. The church, dedicated to St. Michael, is an old edifice. Rancombe, Worn's Place, and Upper and Lower Bush are places here."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]