Denton Near Gravesend
"DENTON NEAR GRAVESEND, a parish in the hundred of Shamwell, lathe of Aylesford, in the county of Kent, 1½ mile E. of Gravesend. It is situated on the river Thames. The church is in ruins, and the cemetery converted into a farmyard."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Denton Near Gravesend to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Denton Near Gravesend has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ662736 (Lat/Lon: 51.437019, 0.389773), Denton Near Gravesend which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)