Halsted / Halstead
"HALSTEAD, a parish in the hundred of Codsheath, lathe of Sutton-at-Hone, county Kent, 6 miles N.W. of Sevenoaks, and 18 from London. The parish is small, and the village wholly agricultural. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury, value £184, in the patronage of the archbishop. The church, dedicated to St. Margaret, is an ancient structure, containing two brasses of W. Burys, 1444. In the chancel is a piscina, partly screened by the altar. At the W. end is the tower, crowned with a spire. There is a free school. Broke House is the principal residence."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Halsted / Halstead to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Halsted / Halstead has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TQ488611 (Lat/Lon: 51.329536, 0.1344), Halsted / Halstead which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)