Herne Bay / Herne
"HERNE, a parish in the hundred of Bleangate, lathe of St. Augustine, county Kent, 6 miles N.E. of Canterbury, its post town, and 3 N.E. of the Sturry railway station, on the South-Eastern line. The London, Chatham, and Dover line has a station at Herne Bay. ..... More "
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Herne Bay / Herne to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Herne Bay / Herne has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TR177681 (Lat/Lon: 51.370209, 1.126299), Herne Bay / Herne which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)