Hope / Hope All Saints
"HOPE ALL SAINTS, a parish in the liberty of Romney-Marsh, lathe of Shepway, county Kent, 1½ mile N.W. of New Romney, its post town. There is no village, only a few scattered cottages. It is situated in the midst of Romney-Marsh. The living is a rectory in the diocese of Canterbury, value £173. The church is in ruins, and the inhabitants frequent the church at New Romney."
[Transcribed from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland 1868 by Colin Hinson ©2010]
- Ask for a calculation of the distance from Hope / Hope All Saints to another place.
You can see the administrative areas in which Hope / Hope All Saints has been placed at times in the past. Select one to see a link to a map of that particular area.
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference TR055257 (Lat/Lon: 50.993995, 0.927045), Hope / Hope All Saints which are provided by:
- Google Maps
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps)
- Bing (was Multimap)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Old Ordnance Survey maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- English Jurisdictions in 1851 (Unfortunately the LDS have removed the facility to enable us to specify a starting location, you will need to search yourself on their map.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)